Adventure in Panama Rainforest
Gamboa Rainforest Resort
Pass by the Panama Canal right beside the huge tankers and container ships, to reach a beautiful island in where you can see the White-Face Capuchin and Howler Monkeys, who are the main attractions of this island and enjoy the gorgeous surrounding tropical flowers, plants, turtles, along with the proud caimans and crocodiles that live in the Gatun lake.
This is one of a fascinating tour, if you are a nature lovers, this is the place for you!
The Gamboa Rainforest Resort design is inspired by the former Hotel Tivoli, whose construction began in 1905 and opened to the public in 1907. It was located at the foot of Ancon Hill and had many famous guests during its existence, like President Theodore Roosevelt in December of 1906 right before its opening.
Located on a sharp bend of the Chagres River at the point that feeds Lake Gatun. Just south of Gamboa, Lake Gatun and the Chagres meet the Culebra Cut (Gaillard Cut), where the Canal cuts through the Continental Divide. Gamboa is adjacent to significant tracts of relatively undisturbed rainforest. A trail that follows an old pipeline (“Pipeline Road”) is considered one of the best birding hikes in Panama and one of the premiere bird watching sites in all of Central America.
Nestled deep in the heart of the Panama rainforest visit us!
No results found.
Forest Adventure Tour Package 3 nights – 4 Days
PRICE from 318 € P.P.
- Overnight in a Double Standard room
- Transfer From/ To Int.Airport – Gamboa Rainforest Resort.
- Gatun Expedition Tour passing by The Panama Canal
- Aerial Tram and Exhibits with guide
- The tours are private and with Guide.
- Transportation with a/c throughout the tour.
- Information Kit Lodging at specified hotels Lodging taxes.
- Minimum 2 persons
* We can also personalize a Package upon request.
* All Packages are subject to availability.
* Packages prices may vary and will be higher at peak periods.
Design with a rustic comfortable eco-lodge-style, all accommodation feature comforts offer a spectacular view of the Chagres River or the resort Gardens.
- 166 rooms distributed the following way: 12 Luxury Suites, 4 Themed Suites.
- 13 Junior Suites, 6 Garden View rooms, 131 Deluxe rooms (single and double).
- Two Double beds or one King size bed
- Bath amenities & hot water
- Private balcony with hammock
- Air Conditioned – Electronic safe
- 40-inch LCD TV with satellite & Cable
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Coffeemaker -mini refrigerator – Iron and ironing board
- 24 hours’ room service
- 2 swimming pools with waterfalls for adults and children.
- Gym and Sensory Spa by Clarins
- Gift shop • Library • Lounge • Tennis courts with lighting
- Capibara Family Cinema
- Parking lot with Valet Parking
- High-tech Internet connectivity with Wi-Fi
- Marina with fishing boats and kayaks
- Business Center
Offer 3 different culinary options Restaurants & Bar:
- Restaurant El Corotú: Enjoy an incredible view of the majestic Chagres River while you savor our buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner or our a la carte options.
- Restaurant Chagres River View: It offers an a la carte gourmet menu for dinner.
- Los Lagartos: Located next to the Chagres River surrounded by a luscious tropical forest. From a distance you can observe ships crossing the Canal.
- Bars: have a pleasant time in one of our bars:
- Monkey Bar: Located in the hotel lobby.
- Cascadas Pool Bar: Is the perfect Oasis, located in the middle of our majestic swimming pools.
- Wildlife Boat Tour where you can see the fauna that inhabits the Gatun Lake.
- Panama Canal Tour
- Fishing – at the Canal and the Gatun Lake. A great opportunity to test your angling abilities. Fish in the area are bass, snook and tarpon.
- Night Safari (boat ride) at the Chagres River
- Bird Watching tour at the Camino del Oleoducto
- Aereal Tram, Admire and learn about the tropical rainforest.
- Ecological Exhibits, observe Flora and Fauna; orchids, snakes, fish and butterflies in our world class butterfly house that recreates the natural habitat with species like the Blue Morpho butterfly.
- Embera Indigenous Community with a Guide.
- Ecological Interpretative Trails: In our paths you will see tropical rainforest plants, birds, mammals and fascinating insects.
- Hiking through Camino de Cruces trail, one of the first transcontinental routes of the Americas.
- Kayacking on the Chagres River & Quebrada Casaya from GRR
All our tours are accompanied by an environmental guide who will identify the Panamanian flora and fauna during the trip
Just 30 min. and 27 km. approximate of Panama City. From Tocumen International Airport one hour.
Located in the heart of the Soberania National Park, close to the Panama Canal and on the banks of the Chagres River. Corregimiento of Cristobal,IA 5, Panama City 7338, Panama.
No results found.
HOW TO GO THERE?
- Take an international flight to Panama City (PTY)
- From Tocumen Int. Airport of Panama we can offer to you a transfer to the Hotel, is around one hour.
- Is also possible by Public Taxi.
- All Seasons (December 20th, 2016 to December 19th, 2017)
Cancellations made 3 days prior to client’s arrival to hotel, will result in a charge equivalent to the room rate of 1 night at selected hotel. Payment must be received within a maximum of 4 days prior to client’s arrival to hotel, in order to avoid automatic cancellation of the reservation. This policy will also apply for No Shows.
- A minimum of 72 hours lead time for client to confirm or cancel a reservation.
- To guarantee your reservation, we require full payment.
- Payment must be made by Wire Transfer.
Checking In/Out Policy:
- CHECK-IN time 3:00PM
- CHECK-OUT time is 12:00PM.
- Early check-in & late check-out upon request.
- Up to 2 kids under 2 years old are Free, sleeping with the parents.
- 1 add. person at 3+ years old $27.00 + 10% per night.
- No pets allowed.